Nuwejaars River Nature Reserve (NRNR) is a registered Public Benefit Organisation based on the Agulhas Plain, outside Bredasdorp in the Overberg. The NRNR manages the Nuwejaars Wetland Special Management Area (NWSMA), 45,000 hectares of privately owned land, where it promotes responsible natural resource management and biodiversity conservation.
The NRNR is now advertising for a Project Development and Implementation Manager to develop sustainable, environmentally related, income generating projects to help fund our other conservation initiatives.
The responsibilities of the position include:
- Be responsible and report to the Executive Committee of the NRNR.
- Identify, develop and implement viable, income generating projects that are within the requirements of the Protected Environment Management Plan (PEMP) and the Development Framework of the NWSMA.
- Work with the Executive Committee and the Conservation Managers of the NRNR in achieving the objectives.
- Initiate new projects and submit fundraising proposals
- Report on outcomes and present proposals at relevant forums.
Minimum qualifications and experience:
- Graduate or equivalent qualification in Natural Resource Management, Natural Resource Economics, Biodiversity Conservation or related fields.
- Experience in Conservation or Natural Resource Management, Project Development and Management, will be an advantage
- Knowledge of environmental legislation
- Good computer literacy and efficiencies
- Proficiency in English and Afrikaans
- Valid drivers licence
A market-related package will be negotiated, dependent on qualifications and experience. This one year position will be subject to an initial trial period of three months. Extension of the position depends on donor funding.
Closing date for applications: 25 July 2018
Please send your CV, a cover letter and two contactable references to the Chairperson.