The Nuwejaars River Nature Reserve (NRNR) is a registered Public Benefit Organisation based on the Agulhas Plain, outside Bredasdorp in the Overberg. The NRNR manages the Nuwejaars Wetland Special Management Area, 47,000 hectares of privately owned land, where it protects the natural area and manages natural resources responsibly.
We are looking for a suitably qualified, experienced and enthusiastic person to fill our part-time Administration Manager/Bookkeeper position.
- Operating and capital budget
- Accounting administration
- Project reporting (monthly, annually on Excel)
- Income & expense reports/Trial balance
- VAT & PAYE
- Bank reconciliation
- Payroll & Workmen’s compensation
- Audit preparation
- Reporting to Chairperson and Executive Committee
The ideal candidate will have:
- A B.Com degree or diploma in Financial Management or suitable experience
- Cost and management accounting experience
- Proven practical experience as an accountant
- Computer literacy (advanced knowledge of Pastel, Payroll, MS Word and Excel)
- Excellent project management skills and be detail-orientated
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work to deadlines when required
- A valid Driver’s Licence
- Experience in the NGO sector advantageous
± 30 hours a week (subject to change)
A package will be negotiated with the successful candidate, according to relevant qualifications and experience. This position will be subject to an initial trial period of three months. Own transport essential as office is situated 20 kms out of Bredasdorp on the Elim Road.
Closing date for applications: 12 February 2022
Please send your CV, a covering letter, as well as two contactable references to: email@example.com
Should you not get a response within 4 weeks of the closing date, please note your application was not successful.